Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My shopping excursion created a MONSTER!

 

So remember how I was telling ya’ll about my bad day? And my shopping solution? Well I accidently created a monster!

I have a new obsession… and I am once again about to scour the local thrift stores in search of…

vintagesheet1

VINTAGE SHEETS!

vintagesheet2

I’m totally in love with these beauties! My plan is to collect some more and then I am going to go nuts making vintage sheet quilts! :D There is something so soothing and homey about vintage sheets… so add in the awesomeness of a handmade quilt and it really can’t get any more perfect!

I’m thinking something along the lines of…

 

so lovely.

Source

vintage sheet quilt

Source

Indie Braid Quilt Top by Jeni Baker, via Flickr

Source

vintagesheet3

And here is the best part… well for me the best part… I already know where the first one is going to go! Remember how in my 30 before I’m 30 post I talked about wanting to donate some quilts to charities/auctions? Well the first vintage sheet quilt I make is going to go up for auction to help support #AdoptionRocks!

But there’s the thing… I need more sheets! And that’s where you come in!! There are only a couple of thrift stores within decent driving distance of where I live. All the staff now knows that I am on the look out… but even with their help its gonna take a while to get enough variety to make a good looking quilt!

Will you help me out?

Will you scour your local thrift stores? Your linen closet? Your mother’s linen closet??? Even vintage pillow cases are ok! A few stains and the odd hole won’t matter either!

If you have some sheets you’d be willing to donate to a very worthy cause, I’d love to bless you with some credit to my shop! So what say you? Interested in helping me out? *nod your head yes* :) send an email to jenniferjayne13 {at} gmail {dot} com

6 comments:

  1. love this idea! those sheets you got are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the sheets and the quilting. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/simple-anti-aging-moisturizer-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful they all are. I tend to just see "junk" when I look at old things, but thanks to Pinterest and some creative bloggers, I'm starting to see "potential" and "vintage" in old stuff. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! Popping in to let you know I've featured you this week! http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2012/09/creative-things-thursday-features.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)