Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Me, Myself and I




This months questions:
1) When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
Chocolate usually works. But if I am in a real funk, I need either a good laugh or a good cry. Sometimes a combination of the two!

2)  If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?
I’ve always dreamt of living in Victorian Era London, the daughter of some rich Duke or Earl. How much fun would it be to wear those dresses? I’d probably be the crazy rebel type and burn my corsets though! ;)

3)  What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?
One year, when I was 10 or 11, I went to our church’s costume party as Queen Easter. My mother made a pretty awesome toga/wrap/dress thing out of some white sheets and PAINTED my hair with black tempra paint. It was like I was wearing a helmet or something! I remember having to wash my hair 5 times to get all the paint out (Natural blonde here). But I won First prize that year, and I was sooooo thrilled!
4)  Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?
I hate feet. I’m allergic to spinach (like take me to the hospital allergic). My second toe is disgustingly longer than my big toe. Up until 6 months ago I hated anything caramel, now I LOVE it. I collect vintage children’s books, like Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys :)

5)  What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Boys are over rated. Ignore your stupid brother, someday someone will love you just the way you are. PUT DOWN THE DONUT! Take a zippered purse with you to Romania, much harder for the pick pockets and then you won’t lose all your spending money. Spend as much time as you can with Nana, she might be annoying at times, but you’re going to miss her desperately when you’re older. (Shoot, I’m going to make myself cry!)
Time for some chocolate therapy and a funny movie. Or maybe just a movie :)






4 comments:

  1. Aw, it was so fun to read this post! Your feet would have been perfect for those pointy-toed shoes that I tried to squeeze my square feet into. lol

    So if you like Victorian London, although it's a little later time period you might like Downton Abbey?? We're huge fans here.

    I so enjoyed reading what you'd tell your 16 year old self. So much wisdom in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm the Victoria Era! That would definitely be my second choice! Love those gowns!

    and Nancy Drew is the best!

    *visiting from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Victorian Era clothes. Not a fan about no women's rights, but the clothing, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spinach, ack to being allergic to it.
    I wish I would have spent more time with my grandparents. If only we knew then what we know now.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)