Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bloggy Boot Camp: 5 Random Thoughts


I got home last night from bloggy boot camp with a brain full of knowledge! I had an incredible time. Since its going to take me a few days to sort through my notes and process all the information I took in I thought I would share with you 5 things I learned/experienced/discovered and they are a bit random :)
blogging and social media conferences for women dallas tx
#1 I got to meet one of my blogging bff’s yesterday, the gorgeous Kelley from The Grant Life! She is an INCREDIBLE woman and I am sooooo glad we were able to meet in real life and go to BBC together! Talk about a life/blog changing experience!
photo (2)
#2 As a kid I dreamed of being a writer, I never thought that I’d be one. But I Am! As a Blogger, I write, pretty much daily, and share my perspective on life. That makes me a Writer! And since Kelley and I agreed to split up for the separate sessions and share notes I went to the Writers Workshop :)
Francesca (http://www.thesitsgirls.com)  and Kathy (http://www.mamakatslosinit.com) Challenged my way of thinking about my blog, myself and my story. I will definitely be going into more detail about this session in a separate post :)
#3 Holly (http://sheisdallas.com) shared some great ideas about including local content in your blog. Even if you’re not a “local” blogger you can really use it to boost keyword searches and your SEO. Who knew????
#4 I met a TON of awesome bloggers! And made some really great connections :) I’m going to be working hard over the next couple days to connect with my new friends!
photo (1)
#5 Bloggy Boot Camp is definitely an experience I want to Repeat! I’d say its worth every penny… but my ticket was a gift! :p Next time they are even close to within driving distance I WILL BE THERE!
My brain is still on overload! So I am going to take a Sunday afternoon nap :) Oh and you should head over to Mommy Made Blog! I’m giving away one of my favorite things from the shop!


I’m linking up at Sunday Snaps! And you should too! :)

A Beautiful Day

7 comments:

  1. So bummed I didn't meet you ... guess our table assignments didn't cross! It was such a great time ... my brain is on overload and I can't wait to implement some of what I learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad that you had a wonderful time and that you and Kelley finally got to meet IRL!!! Thank you for once again linking up with SUNDAY SNAPS....we love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Following you from the Texans Who Blog group!:) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear all the new ideas you have and learn something myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, it was so nice meeting you this weekend. You are so on the ball having a post up already on the conference. I need to take a page from your book! Is that my business card in your montage up above...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fun weekend!I hope I'm able to attend a conference like this one day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)