Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weigh In Vol. 7

 

I’m writing this much later than usual. Mostly because my afternoon didn’t go as planned, actually the whole day didn’t go as planned. In reality it might be the entire week that’s been screwed up. *Sigh* I hate weeks like this.

OK… the good news is, I lost 0.6 pounds this week. The bad news is I didn’t exercise, eat properly or accomplish much of anything.

Let me back up to last Thursday… Around midnight Hubs and I got a phone call letting us know that my Mother-In-Law, Liz, was at the ER and was being admitted to the local hospital. There wasn’t a whole lot of info or really anything that we could do at that point. So we attempted to go to sleep. The mister slept just fine, I tossed and turned all night. Big surprise.

Liz had been admitted with a really bad kidney infection and was pretty dehydrated as well. Apparently she’d been sick for 3 or 4 days and thought she just had the flu again. Silly Woman! The Doctors told us she’d be in the hospital for at least the next 3 days. And of course I, being the fabulous daughter-in-law that I am, spent several hours a day with her. The biggest downside of that is because of the meds that I am on for my annoying health issues, I have virtually no immune system.(read more here)

Yep! You guessed it! I picked up some sort of nasty hospital bug and have been feeling pretty icky ever since. I’m only just starting to feel human today… and that was after an 2.5 hour nap! So pretty much all I’ve done this week is sleep, nap and then sleep some more. Daytime television and I are much too familiar now.

But, I am feeling better, and I hope to be back to “normal” soon! Just in time for me to stress out my biggest craft show to date! I’m going to be sewing and crocheting like mad over the next 6 days!

My Goals for this week are…

Avoid emotional/stress eating as much as possible
Get plenty of rest
Work out at least 3 times

Important, and Realistic goals I think for what is sure to be a crazy busy week!

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for your momma in law! And good luck on your goals! Ohh.. and congrats on losing! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)