Sunday, June 17, 2012

KISS - Becky from Tales of Beauty to Ashes

I'm thrilled to have Becky from Tales of Beauty for Ashes here with some great tips on Keeping It Simple in your marriage! And as a newly wed, I need these reminders on occasion!

.........................................................

Hey ya'll! I am so excited to guest post here at Finding My Way In Texas! My name is Becky and I blog over at Tales of Beauty for Ashes. I am a Texas girl, married to the most incredible man in the world, and a mama to be. I love mornings, Scripture that speaks to my heart, coffee dates and meeting new friends.

I am a woman, who tries so hard to KISS in real life. Today, I am here to tell you about ways to KISS in marriage.
  
Okay, this isn't a post on kissing technique. Rather, it is on the technique to keep things fun and simple in your marriage. It isn't always going to be as easy as (wedding) cake.

Life is hard. This is truth we all know. If you aren't deliberate about keeping things simple in your marriage, it will go down hill. Fast.


 
Here are some tips on ways to keep the fun in your marriage and who knows, you may end up getting some kissing in too!

1.     Remember what first attracted you to your spouse. It is so easy to lose sight of this. It's there – look for it!

2.     Don't focus so much on the little things. Your spouse is going to bother you. Just like traffic will bother you. Check yourself, is the thing that is bothering you a big deal or should you just let it go. Remember, keep it simple!


 

     3. Look for reasons to appreciate your spouse. It may seem hard at first. Trust me, if you look hard enough, you will find SOMETHING!      






4. KISS. Okay, this time I really mean it. Find ways to touch each other. Make an excuse to kiss your spouse. Not only does it increase those happy hormones, but it burns calories, too!


5.      Enjoy each other. Your spouse has their quirks.So do you. Enjoy who you married, they are a gift to you!



 Thank you Jennifer and Finding My Way In Texas readers, for letting me share a little of how I KISS in marriage. 

I would love it if ya'll stopped by and said hello, or found me or twitter. I love meeting new friends!

.....................................................

Thanks for sharing Becky! These are great tips and I think that even those among us that have been married for a while can use the reminder :)

If you're interested in Guest Posting for the KISS series please contact me and we'll find a date for you to share how you like to Keep It Simple! 

1 comment:

  1. Great tips and great post! :) Thanks for sharing!! It's so important to let the little things go!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)