Thursday, March 1, 2012

Taco Pie

 

tacopieBanner

As weird as Taco Pie sounds, its one of the yummiest internet recipes I’ve come across yet! There is an amazing site called My Fridge Food that allows you to check off the food items you have in your house, then it gives you recipes that include those Items.

Last week I wanted to make something different, so I checked off the items I had on hand. Taco pie was one of the top recipes. It sounded good so I gave it a shot :)

bloggity 002-1

Ingredients:

Crescent Rolls
Hamburger meat
Onion
Taco Seasoning  (I used a blend of creole seasoning, herbs and garlic seasoning and chili powder)
Cheese
Sour Cream (not shown cause I forgot to grab it out of the fridge)
Taco Chips (we always have Dorito’s on hand cause they’re the hub’s favorite)

bloggity 001-1

Start by rolling out the crescent rolls on the bottom of a square pan.

bloggity 003-1

Follow the direction for baking temp and time. Remove from oven

bloggity 004-1

Fry the hamburger meat and onion. Add the taco seasoning.

bloggity 005-1

Then the meat is cooked, layer it on top of the cooked crescent roll base

bloggity 006-1

Add a layer of sour cream

bloggity 008-1

Then lots of cheese

bloggity 009-1

Crush some nachos and add a layer to your pie.

bloggity 011-1

Add a little more cheese on the very top.

bloggity 013-1

Pop it in the over at 375 for 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.

bloggity 015-1

Serve while hot. Add salsa if desired.

 

This stuff is good! The only thing I would do differently the next time would be to put the sour cream on before the hamburger. It was a little challenging to smooth the sour cream over the hamburger.

If you’re ever stuck for something to make for dinner, check out the site! Its come through for me a number of times :)

12 comments:

  1. That looks SO good!! I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I can't wait to make it for my family. It will be a hit! Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of a taco pie but it looks YUMMY!!! So glad that you shared it at Things I've Done Thursday!!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com
    P.S. I launched a great CD giveaway today if you're interested!! http://www.bearrabbitbear.com/2012/03/ummcan-i-get-zumba-dvd-to-this-review.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good! My MIL makes something similar without the crescent rolls, and it tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. THis looks yummy. I'm a new follower. Stop by and say hi sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kiddos would LOVE this!! We are going to have to try it for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks good - I'm so hungry right now! I'll have to check out that Fridge Finder website fo' sho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so very tasty. I am sure I will try it at some point. I am stopping in from TheStuffoSuccess and I am your newest follower. Have a terrific week. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you on Wednesday Wowzers. This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! This looks absolutely delicious! I will have to check out that site - sounds very helpful! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Stache Party! I am featuring this today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good! My kiddos love tacos and I am going to need to try this one! thank you for sharing at Uncommon! Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How delicious!! We love tacos and taco salad, so I'm sure we'd love taco pie!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)