Sunday, March 25, 2012

Adoption Rocks 5k Fun Run & Bake Sale

 

My Pastor and his wife are in the process of adopting, which I think is absolutely fantabulous! Our congregation and community have completely jumped on board. Yesterday we had a 5k fun run and bake sale fundraiser to help with the costs. Did you know it costs over $31,000 to adopt? Crazy!

bakesale

Tons of incredibly yummy goodies were up for grabs. I made a couple dozen french vanilla cupcakes with butter cream icing and some ridiculously good brownies. The recipe was called “Better than Crack Brownies”, but since it was a family friendly event we went with “Heavenly" Brownies :)

run

It was great to see so many people out for the run! A fabulous time was had by all :) Between the run/sponsors and the bake sale we raised a little over $3,000!

 

I’m coordinating with some of the other ladies at the church to put together a craft show fundraiser. The incredibly awesome Rachel from Imagine Gnats graciously designed a logo for us…

Shop to Adopt

Isn’t it cute! I'm so excited for this event. I’ll definitely be sharing more about this in the upcoming weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow really that much! That's insane! Glad to see the event went well! =D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)