Thursday, January 12, 2012

Best Bread I’ve Ever Made!

 

I love baking bread! There is something so homey about the smells while its baking and the taste with just a little butter melting on a still warm slice. But anyone who has ever made bread from scratch knows that its no easy task. With all the mixing, kneading, rising, kneading again… its an all day chore!

But not anymore!!!

Recently I discovered an Ebook called “Easy, Fabulous Bread Making” by Barbara Mack. She has discovered that it is possible by refridgerating the dough for a minimum of 8 hours, you can eliminate ALL the work!

Here’s the Ingredients:

1 cup warm water
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
3 T sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast (quick rise is best)
4 cups of flour (bread flour is best, but all purpose flour works too)

bread . afghan 003

Mix the wet and the dry ingredients in separate bowls and then mix together with a wooden spoon

bread . afghan 004

Mix with the wooden spoon for at least 5 minutes. Don’t knead.

bread . afghan 005

Once its formed into dough, loosely cover with either a lid or plastic wrap

bread . afghan 006

Stick it in the fridge for at least 8 hours. It can stay in the fridge for up to 5 days!

bread . afghan 010

I discovered today that there isn’t a regular loaf pan in the house, so into the bundt pan the dough went! It took about 2 hours to rise to double the size. You’ll know its ready to go in the oven when you touch it and it doesn’t spring back. Cook in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Brush butter over the top for a nice golden crust.

bread . afghan 017

Its so perfect! And it took so little effort!

bread . afghan 021

AND it tastes FABULOUS! Easily the best homemade bread I’ve ever made :)

 

Happy Thursday! And don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the Pinned It, Made It! Link Party :) Can’t wait to see what you’ve been inspired to create!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Mmmm,...I love home-baked bread and will definitely be pinning this to try. Thanks for sharing this at our party this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a must try! I love homemade bread, but I don't like the work of making it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made bread before, but this looks good and easy. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo good. A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea Monday and it would be so fun if you want to join. One of us is taking on baking homemade bread! If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow amazing
    new follower of ur blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried making homemade bread. Your recipe looks delicious, so I'm definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bundt pan bread shape. It will be perfect for Football subs! Thanks for this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing and I am always looking for yummy bread recipes! Thanks for linking up to my party!

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing last week on Thingamajig Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!

    Alida
    radcrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. pinned it - gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to have to give this a try. Looks so yummy!

    New follower from Rae Gun
    www.simply-lovely-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I've never made homemade bread and this looks like my kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)