Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

For those of you who weren't aware, Saturday was my birthday :) I won't tell you how old I am... lets just say I turned 21 for the 7th or 8th time :p

Fortunately Mule had this weekend off work and we were able to spend my Birthday Weekend (yes thats right my birthday encompasses a whole weekend!) hanging around the house, playing with my Birthday present, cleaning (oh the joy), reading all my birthday messages on Facebook and having fun being together.



This is Kai :) She is my Birthday Present from Mule. She is the sweetest, most adorable, pain-in-the-butt, chew-every-single-thing-in-site, snuggly ball of fur ever! I wouldn't trade her for the world! Even though most of this weekend every other sentence was "No! Kai don't chew (fill in the blank)!" or "No biting Kai" or "Opps! sorry Kai, didn't mean to step on you!" All of the "NO's" paid off though, Kai is already crate trained, mostly house trained, and will sit and stay (most of the time). I have a permanent shadow and she's already shown herself to be a great guard dog :)



Saturday night I made my own Birthday cake. Mule cooks, but he is no Baker! It might not be the prettiest cake I've ever made, in fact it might just be the ugliest cake I've ever seen, but man did it taste good :) I left all my cake decorating toys in a box back home. I will get them eventually, but in the mean time... at least it was yummy.



For lunch/dinner Mule took me to a local restaurant called "Spicy Mexico". We've had fajitas from there before (SO FREAKING GOOD), but I have never in my whole life had an enchilada. So thats what we ordered. Every meal starts with homemade taco chips and quaeso (spelling?)






Then came the enchiladas. I ordered a cheese one and a chicken one. They looked so good that I forgot to take a picture until after I'd had a couple bites.



Mule hates getting his picture taken. I keep telling him he needs to get over that since I'm a photographer... he still manages to sneak something in front of his face at the last second :S That will have to change for the wedding though...



The lighting in the restaurant was not exactly condusive to a self portrait shot... but hey, its better than nothing :)



All in all it was a great Birthday weekend. So glad I got to spend it in Texas with the man I love, even if I did (and still do) miss my Family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I hope it was a great one- It sounds like you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)