Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Mouth is on FIRE!

 

Well not quite Literally… but man! It burns!

Why you ask?

Because Mule made some of his delicious queso! He likes it spicy and my spice tolerance is a –3 compared to his +11 on a scale of 1 to 10. So we compromise at about a 4. He adds more seasoning to his own little bowl and I make sure to have lots of water on hand :)

quaso & Quilt 001-1

To make Mule’s version of queso:

2/3’s a package of velveeta cheese
1 can of  tomato and green chili’s  Rotel
2 teaspoons of Lime
1 teaspoon on Lemon
1 teaspoon of Lawry’s season salt
2 teaspoons of Tony’s Creole seasoning.
1/4 cup of salsa (mild, med, or hot. which ever you prefer)

Slowly melt all ingredients in a medium sixe sauce pan, over low heat. Stir often. Taste often. :)
Once completely melted and blended, remove from heat and taste some more. Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Queso will begin to thicken a bit. Serve and enjoy!

quaso & Quilt 002-1quaso & Quilt 003-1

2 comments:

  1. Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. This looks soo good!I miss Tostito's cheese dip. I just can't find any Velveeta here, or I'd make this in a quick minute! I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really awesome! My husband can handle hot recipes like this, they make my eyes water,but I still give them a try. :) I will have to give this a try! Happy to have you each week @ Show & Share, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)