Friday, October 28, 2011

Spiders! Oh My!!

 

As a family friendly alternative to Halloween, my church hosts a fall festival even each year. The kids (and even some parents) get to dress up, play games, eat a ton of sugar and take home a ton of candy. They were looking for volunteers to help make cupcakes for the kids, and I of course offered to make a couple dozen :)

Originally I was just planning on making boring old cupcakes, and slapping on some boring old icing, but then I cam across this on pinterest!

3981471807_426719aa23_o

Super adorable spider web cookies from Bakerella! I loved the look of these… not too scary and totally kid friendly :)

I made a few changes. The most obvious one being I used cupcakes and they used cookies. The other difference is they used Trix cereal for the spider bodies and I used M&M’s. Hurray! More chocolate!!

cupcakes 001-1

cupcakes 004-1cupcakes 005-1

Mine aren’t quite as pretty, but they sure were delicious! Just ask Mule. He ate a couple before I could explain that they were for the kids :s Good thing I had extras lol.

4 comments:

  1. These turned out great! You are very talented. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out super cute. Wish Ohio and Texas were closer together. :) Thanks for linking up for Foodie Friday over at CG2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your cupcakes turned out! They look great:) Thanks for linking up to Pocket Full of Pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I made some similar to this last year, however your's are way more impressive!! great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)