Sunday, May 13, 2012

KISS - Nat from NorthShore Days

I'm thrilled to welcome Natalie from NorthShore Days as this weeks Keep It Simple Sunday guest! She's got a wonderful & simple bracelet to tutorial to share!

.....................................................

Hi Everyone,

My name is Natalie and I’m so happy to be a guest poster here today,

 

I blog over at NorthShore Days where I share crafts, DIY, photos and funny stories about my 3 loud, cheeky but very sweet kids… 

I love white decor and anything beachy and I’m lucky enough to live very near to the beach on the beautiful North Shore of Auckland, New Zealand.

 

 Today, I would like to share my latest jewelry creation....

 
 I have only recently decided that I like memory wire, and I have created a number of bracelets already, but none for myself.

I decided on a themed bracelet and since Winter is upon us here in New Zealand, why not make a Winter inspired bracelet?

 What you will need:
Memory wire
beads - mine are white, clear and turquoise
headpins, jump rings and spacers

Cut the memory wire to the length of your choice. Using pliers bend one end of the wire to form a loop - this is where I added a turquoise bead on a headpin.


 Thread the beads onto the wire and end off with a loop again....

 
I had to re-thread my bracelet a few times to get the look I liked and I think the end result is really pretty. 



I took this picture a couple of weeks ago on a cold Sunday afternoon, looking out to the Harbour Bridge....




 My bracelet reminds me of our Winter sky....


 I hope you enjoyed my post today....

Thank you so much for having me.

Take care 
xxx


Photobucket

.......................................................................

Someday I'm going to travel to New Zealand and get to see that gorgeous sky for myself :) Thanks for Sharing Natalie!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me Jennifer. Would love to see you in NZ one day - I can show you all the sites xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I keep thinking I want to make jewelry, but I don't know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I keep thinking I want to make jewelry, but I don't know anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial Nat!! I love the bracelet! Going to buy some Memory Wire for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial Natalie! And I just happen to have some memory wire that I have never used! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bracelet is beautiful... I love how soft and pretty it is, love the colors. Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Seriously! They make my day :)